As Fall approaches it’s time to start thinking about winterizing your home with some helpful home maintenance tips.
Fall is a good time to take care of some of those home repair projects before shorter days approach. Because we live in an area with cold winters, take the time to boost energy efficiency throughout your home and prevent damage from winter storms.
Indoor Home Maintenance Tips
• Check and update your fire extinguisher.
• Inspect your smoke detectors – one on each floor.
• Have your furnace cleaned and inspected. Change the filter.
• Insulate water pipes exposed to cold temperatures.
• Check air leaks and chalking around doors and windows.
• Cover drafty windows with bubble wrap.
• Turn ceiling fans clockwise to redistribute warm air.
• Check your electrical outlets for potential fire hazards.
Outdoor Home Maintenance Tips
- • Fertilize your lawn to protect it in the winter months.
• Clean gutters to keep debris from accumulating.
• Cover your air conditioner.
• Have your chimney cleaned and maintained.
• Winterize your outdoor water faucets.
• Check for peeling paint on the exterior of your home.
• Caulk your exterior windows and doorframes to prevent heat from escaping.
• Inspect your roof.
• Seal your driveway.
• Clean your yard equipment – snow blower, lawn mower, etc.
• Cover your outdoor furniture.
• Prepare your deck for the winter months.
Albrite Building is a custom home builder and we want to provide you with maintenance tips for your home. We are dedicated to building the home of your dreams that works for you and your family. From the start to the finish of all our custom built homes, we use many techniques that bring a home’s energy efficiency to the top.
If you are looking for custom built home in the Chicagoland region, contact Albrite building today at 630.655.9436. We are located at 777 Oakmont Lane, Suite #50
in Westmont, Illinois.