• Prepares and maintains status of plan reproduction.
• Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors.
• Prepares subcontractor bid packages.
• Prepares comprehensive project specific scope review sheets.
• Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors.
• Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
• Contacts supply houses to obtain additional subcontractor bids.
• Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors.
• Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline — no exceptions.
• Reviews bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up question on every bid.
• Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned.
• Develops RFI’s and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage and shows interest.
• Performs a comprehensive “bid day” analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades.
• Understands how to fit subs to the size/scope of project.
• Creates bid lists that fit scope of job, ensuring that we have the right subs for the project.
• Minimizes exclusions by “doing our homework”.
• Includes value-engineering ideas on every bid.
Follow Up & Closing
• Consistently follows up on submitted bids and budgets with Architect and/or Construction Manager to close business.
• Knows owners, architects, construction managers, property managers, brokers and can close business.
• Properly turns over bid documents and sub buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner. Goal is 100% of awarded projects turned over within 24 hours of notification.
• Reviews drawings with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern.
• Reviews job cost with Project Management team and highlight any subs/material vendors that still need to be awarded.
• Completes project kick-off form to ensure compliance.
• Thoroughly checks requirements to buy the proper scope.
• Awards subs in a timely manner to ensure release of materials.
• Releases materials for record only when possible.
• Ensures that subs are aware of (and commit to) the project schedule.
• Provides subs with as much information as possible.
• Seeks & qualifies new subcontractors.
• Holds subcontractors to Albrite’s standards.
• 2 to 4 years relevant experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must know Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Project.
• Must be self-motivated & punctual.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
• Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and your own transportation.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary history for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.